Bhutan is one of the less-travelled destinations among travellers; even nearby neighbouring countries, travellers from India, Pakistan, and Nepal visit less to Bhutan.
Bhutan is known as the Last Shangri-La; Bhutan includes scenic valleys and the Himalayas and is rich in fauna and flora.
The rivers from the Himalayas flowing through the valleys are impressive to watch.
Here is a list of the best cities to visit in Bhutan:
Let us dive into the details best cities to visit in Bhutan.
The scenic Paro valley includes one of Bhutan’s most large-scale and greenest valleys.
The international airport of Bhutan is a sight in itself.
Bhutan surrounds by fertile rice fields and the serene Paro River, which flows down the valley.
Besides, It is one of the best Bhutanese towns to explore on foot.
Together with Jakar and Punakha, Paro forms the golden triangle on the map of Bhutan.
Here is the list of must-visit best tourist places in Paro:
- Rinpung Dzong
- Ta Dzong
- Drukgyel Dzong
- Kyichu Lhakhang
- Farm House (traditional village house)
- Druk Choeding
- Dungtse Lhakhang
- Ugyen Pelri Palace
- Jangsarbu Lhakhang
- Taktshang Lhakhang (Tiger’s Nest)
- Namgay Artisanal Brewery
- Sangchen Choekhor Buddhist Institute
- Tamchog Lhakhang
- Dasho Nishioka Memorial Museum
- Haa valley
- Kila Goemba
- Chelela pass
- Dzongdrakha Goemba
- Chumbu Lhakhang (Chumphug Lhakhang)
Thimphu is the modern capital city of Bhutan and the central place of government, religion, and commerce.
Thimphu has preserved its ancient culture and also has adopted modern culture.
There are several places to visit in Thimphu, and below are the few places that are a must-visit for travel enthusiasts.
Here is the list of must-visit best tourist places in Thimphu:
- Simtokha Dzong
- Memorial Chorten
- National Library
- Institute for Zorig Chusum
- Traditional Medicine Institute
- The Folk Heritage Museum (Phelchey Toenkhyim)
- National Textile Museum
- Centenary Farmers Market
- Changangkha Lhakhang
- Authentic Bhutanese Craft Bazaar
- Junghi Handmade Paper Factory
- Zangthopelri Lhakhang
- Buddha Dordenma
- Simply Bhutan Museum
- Drubthob Goema / Zilukha Nunnery
- Kuenselphodrang Nature Park
- Bhutan Postal Museum
- Royal Botanical Garden, Serbithang
- Pangri Zampa
- Coronation Park
- Takin Preserve, Motithang
- Dechen Phodrang
- Choki Traditional Art School
- Gagyel Lhundrup Weaving Centre
- Nado Poizokhang Incense Factory
- Goldsmiths Workshop
- Voluntary Artist Studio
- Tango Goemba
- Cheri Goemba
- Phajoding Goemba
- Lungchuzekha Goemba
- Tandin Nye
- Sangaygang – Wangditse loop
- Thadrak Goemba
Punakha is at the junction of the two main rivers of the country – Pho (father) Chhu and Mo (mother) Chhu.
The city is around 72 kilometres away from the present capital, Thimphu.
There are several things for tourists to see as part of Punakha sightseeing.
Here is the list of must-visit best tourist places in Punakha:
- Punakha Dzong
- Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten
- Mo Chhu
- Chimi Lhakhang
- Sangchhen Dorji Lhuendrup Lhakhang
- Jigme Dorji National Park
- Dochula Pass
- Koma Tsachu
- Limbhukha Village